These are our terms and conditions when you access this Website or offer to purchase Goods through this Website. You agree to be bound by these Terms which form a binding contractual agreement between you and us, Petit Abode ABN 74159678125 (Petit Abode, our, we or us).
We may change these Terms at any time by updating this page of this Website, and your continued use of this Website following such an update will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms as amended.
These Terms are structured in two parts – the first part applying when you use the website, and the second part applying when you purchase goods. These Terms also include a Schedule of General Interpretation Provisions which apply to all of these Terms.
PART ONE – TERMS THAT APPLY WHEN YOU USE THIS WEBSITE
Access and use of this website
You must only use this Website in accordance with these Terms and any applicable laws, and must ensure that your employees, sub-contractors and any other agents who use or access this Website comply with the Terms and any applicable laws.
You must not:
- copy, mirror, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, sell, decipher or decompile any part or aspect of this Website without the express consent of Petit Abode;
- use this Website for any purpose other than the purposes of browsing, selecting or purchasing Goods;
- use, or attempt to use, this Website in a manner that is illegal or fraudulent or facilitates illegal or fraudulent activity;
- use, or attempt to use, this Website in a manner that may interfere with, disrupt or create undue burden on this Website or the servers or networks that host this Website;
- use this Website with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software;
- act in a way that may diminish or adversely impact the reputation of Petit Abode, including by linking to this Website on any other website; and
- attempt to breach the security of this Website, or otherwise interfere with the normal functions of this Website, including by:
- gaining unauthorised access to Website accounts or data;
- scanning, probing or testing this Website for security vulnerabilities;
- overloading, flooding, mailbombing, crashing or submitting a virus to this Website;
- instigate or participate in a denial-of-service attack against this Website.
Information on this website
While we make every effort to ensure that the information on this Website is as up-to-date and accurate as possible, you acknowledge and agree that we do not (to the maximum extent permitted by law) guarantee that:
- this Website will be free from errors or defects;
- this Website will be accessible at all times;
- messages sent through this Website will be delivered promptly, or delivered at all;
- information you receive or supply through this Website will be secure or confidential; or
- any information provided through this Website is accurate or true.
We reserve the right to change any information or functionality on this Website by updating this Website at any time without notice, including product descriptions, prices and other Website Content.
- Petit Abode retains ownership of this Website and all materials on this Website (including text, graphics, logos, design, icons, images, sound and video recordings, pricing, downloads and software) (Website Content) and reserves all rights in any intellectual property rights owned or licensed by it not expressly granted to you.
- You may make a temporary electronic copy of all or part of this Website for the sole purpose of viewing it. You must not otherwise reproduce, transmit, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish this Website or any Website Content without prior written consent from Petit Abode or as permitted by law.
Third party terms and conditions
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that third party terms & conditions may apply, including but not limited to the terms and conditions of PayPal and Shippit.
- The Customer agrees to any Third Party Terms applicable to any third party goods and services that are used in providing the Solution, and Petit Abode will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer in connection with such Third Party Terms.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other websites that are not our responsibility. We have no control over the content of the linked websites and we are not responsible for that content.
- Inclusion of any linked website on this Website does not imply our approval or endorsement of the linked website.
Petit Abode does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to computer systems, mobile phones or other electronic devices arising in connection with use of this Website. You should take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing this Website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference.
If you become aware of misuse of this Website by any person, any errors in the material on this Website or any difficulty in accessing or using this Website, please contact us immediately using the contact details or form provided on this Website.
PART TWO – WHEN YOU PURCHASE GOODS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
Purchase of goods
Offer To Purchase
- By submitting an order to purchase a Good using this Website’s functionality (Order) you represent and confirm that you:
- have the legal capacity and are of sufficient age to enter into a binding contract with us; and
- are authorised to use the debit or credit card included in your order.
- Submitting an Order constitutes your intention and offer to enter into a contract, where we will provide you with the Goods you have ordered in exchange for your payment of the total amount listed upon checkout. A contract is not formed until we have approved your payment and you receive an email from us confirming that your order is being processed.
Title And Risk
- (Title) Until the price of Goods is paid in full, title in those Goods is retained by Petit Abode.
- (Risk) Risk in the Goods will pass to you on delivery. Delivery must not be refused by you. Risk during transit is at all times an issue between you and the courier, and not Petit Abode.
- If you submit an Order for Goods that are not currently available for immediate packaging and dispatch, we will place your Order on the pre-order waitlist for those Goods.
- When your Goods become available, we will notify you at the contact email address provided to us.
- Once we notify you that the Goods are available, you must make payment for the Goods in accordance with clause 11.1 within 7 days. Payment will confirm your order and we will proceed to express ship the Goods to you. If you do not make payment, your Order will be cancelled any you will need to re-submit an Order for the Goods (and may be placed back on pre-order if necessary).
Payment for goods
- (Payment obligations) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must pay for all Goods on or prior to Petit Abode dispatching the Goods for delivery.
- (GST) Unless otherwise indicated, amounts stated on this Website do include GST. In relation to any GST payable for a taxable supply by Petit Abode, you must pay the GST subject to Petit Abode providing a tax invoice.
- (Card surcharges) Petit Abode reserves the right to charge credit card surcharges in the event that payments are made using a credit, debit or charge card (including Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Club).
- (Online payment partner) We may use third-party payment providers, including PayPal and Stripe (Payment Providers) to collect payments for Goods. The processing of payments by the Payment Provider will be, in addition to these Terms, subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Provider and we are not liable for the security or performance of the Payment Provider. We reserve the right to correct, or to instruct our Payment Provider to correct, any errors or mistakes in collecting your payment.
In the event that we discover an error or inaccuracy in the price at which your order was purchased (including shipping prices), we will attempt to contact you and inform you of this as soon as possible. You will then have the option of purchasing your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you choose to cancel your order and payment has already been debited, the full amount will be credited back to your original method of payment.
Delivery and risk
- Shipping is available worldwide. We always endeavour to process, pack and ship your order as fast as we can. During high traffic times (including but not limited to Christmas and Mothers’ Day), shipping may take longer than usual. If you have a question about when your order will be dispatched, please contact email@example.com
- Your Goods will be delivered to the address you provide through our third party courier service Sendle or Australia Post. We accept no responsibility for any act or omission of the courier or any services procured through the courier including where such act or omission causes delay, damage or destruction to the Goods. Please refer to the courier with any enquiries or complaints arising with shipping.
- When eligible for free shipping, it is standard shipping using the right courier or postage services for your package. Prices for express shipping differ for metro and regional areas, and those prices are displayed on this Website.
- Where prices are stated as inclusive of delivery, delivery is to the delivery point specifically accepted by Petit Abode.
- All delivery times provided to you are estimates only and are subject to postal delays and reasons beyond our control. We do not warrant or make any representation that your order will be delivered within the times indicated. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of or in connection with late deliveries.
Use of goods
You must take all reasonable precautions when using the Goods and ensure the safety of others including infants that may come into contact with the Goods at all times. It is wholly your responsibility to ensure that the Goods are not misused or used in a way that could cause harm to any person or thing.
- (Limitation of liability) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Petit Abode excludes completely all liability to any person for loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute, equity, indemnity or otherwise, arising from or relating in any way to these Terms or any goods or services provided by Petit Abode.
Claims for loss of or damage to Goods in transit must be made against the carrier.
Goods sold by Petit Abode will have only the benefit of any warranty given, and insurance held, by the manufacturer.
All other express or implied representations and warranties are, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, excluded. Where any law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) implies a condition, warranty or guarantee into these Terms which may not lawfully be excluded, then to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Petit Abodes’ liability for breach of that non-excludable condition, warranty or guarantee will, at Petit Abodes’ option, be limited to:
- in the case of goods, their replacement or the supply of equivalent goods or their repair; and
- in the case of services, the supply of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having them supplied again.
- (Indemnity) You agree to indemnify Petit Abode and its employees and agents in respect of all liability for loss, damage or injury which may be suffered by any person arising from your or your gift recipient’s use of any Goods or services provided by Petit Abode.
- (Consequential loss) To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances will Petit Abode be liable for any incidental, special or consequential loss or damages, or damages for loss of data, business or business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings, profits or revenue arising under or in connection with this agreement or any goods or services provided by Petit Abode. This clause is not intended to limit your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Schedule 1 – General Interpretation Provisions
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by the law applying in Queensland, Australia. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and courts of appeal from them in respect of any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this agreement. Each party irrevocably waives any objection to the venue of any legal process on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
This agreement may only be amended by the Company in accordance with a written agreement between the parties.
No party to this agreement may rely on the words or conduct of any other party as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing and signed by the party granting the waiver.
Any term of this agreement which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity and enforceability of the remainder of this agreement is not limited or otherwise affected.
Joint and several liability
An obligation or a liability assumed by, or a right conferred on, 2 or more persons binds or benefits them jointly and severally.
A party cannot assign, novate or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligations under this agreement without the prior written consent of the other party.
Further acts and documents
Each party must promptly do all further acts and execute and deliver all further documents required by law or reasonably requested by another party to give effect to this agreement.
This agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts. Each counterpart constitutes an original of this agreement and all together constitute one agreement.
Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, each party must pay its own costs and expenses in connection with negotiating, preparing, executing and performing this agreement.
No provision of this agreement will be interpreted adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of this agreement or that provision; and
This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior negotiation, conduct, arrangement, understanding or agreement, express or implied, in relation to the subject matter of the agreement.
In this agreement, the following rules of interpretation apply:
- (singular and plural) words in the singular includes the plural (and vice versa);
- (gender) words indicating a gender includes the corresponding words of any other gender;
- (defined terms) if a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning;
- (person) a reference to "person" or "you" includes an individual, the estate of an individual, a corporation, an authority, an association, consortium or joint venture (whether incorporated or unincorporated), a partnership, a trust and any other entity;
- (party) a reference to a party includes that party's executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns, including persons taking by way of novation and, in the case of a trustee, includes any substituted or additional trustee;
- (this agreement) a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure is a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure to or of this agreement, and a reference to this agreement includes all schedules, exhibits, attachments and annexures to it;
- (document) a reference to a document (including this agreement) is to that document as varied, novated, ratified or replaced from time to time;
- (headings) headings and words in bold type are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- (includes) the word "includes" and similar words in any form is not a word of limitation;
- (legislation) and any statutory interpretation acts of legislation which may apply in the jurisdiction to this agreement.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org